Saturday, June 10, 2006

El diablo

So friends here it is as I had promised.


Prologue





To go on living and move forward in life every must have a belief to guide him or her onward. All of us humans believe in both God and the Devil. We ‘usually’ pray to the former and despise the latter. But sometimes even the almighty God might not be able to knock some much needed sense into the subjects gone astray from the ‘good’ path of His, then He might seek out the help of His not so benevolent counterpart, the Devil.

In some cases where both God and the Devil fail separately then desperate measures are called for. When the good and the evil join forces can any mere mortal stand any chance against such earthshaking alliance. However in such a case an unwanted situation may also arise where the beloved subject of the lord is lured by the devilish temptations into the sinful underworlds. Or otherwise as the old adage says” iron cuts iron “will the devil be able to get rid of the many evils plaguing the innocent subjects of the almighty.





El Diablo


The summer was almost gone and autumn was knocking at the doors. Winters were the worst part of the year, at least for me they were. For as long as I can remember winter has always been bad news for me. Every year some thing or the other happens to me. Last year my dear horse Camille went missing. I have not found her since then. The year before that, I lost all of my savings in a darn bet at the pub. Even before that my beloved Marlene, the love of my life died of pneumonia. It all began twenty years ago. I could still remember that cold winter morning as if it was only yesterday. My father had gone out for church duties as every morning. Suddenly a gang of outlaws stormed the streets with the police after them. A good amount of shooting ensued from both the sides. My poor father was caught in the crossfire. Poor man, he died on the spot .He never had a chance. Ever since that fate less day I have come to hate two things from the deepest depths of my black heart. Winters and churches. Even though I had a strong feeling of something bad about to happen I had not the slightest idea of what was in store for me this winter.


My name is ‘Baldis’, though a few knew of it. Most of them are dead now including my parents. Now I went about with the name ‘Didas’. I belong to this ghost of a town called ‘Polton’. I work here and have spent most of my life here and intend to live here till my dying days. What do I do? Funny you should ask. I do a fairly important job of keeping the residents of this place in line. To tell the truth I do a fairly good job at it too. No, you fools I am not mayor nor am I the sheriff though I get to meet them once in a while when I go about my job. For all you dimwit city dwellers who are still not able to guess my job let me put in simple words for you. I am the town’s numero uno outlaw. That is right I am a crook, a criminal a so called “bad person” .I eke out my mere existence by charging a nominal ‘protection charge’ from the traders and the innkeepers of the town. It is not like I am a greedy stink or anything .I only charge them according to their capacity to pay. And the good people of the town are usually more than happy to shell out rather than face my six-chambered friend holstered at my side.


It was just like any other morning today. Business was brisk and I swiftly went about my collection beat. Sensing my arrivals the streets usually remain sparsely occupied. Occasionally do I chance upon a fellow outlaw or a bar mate and bid them a good morning otherwise the beats are a boring exercise. A couple of ladies were returning home from the daily market. Having caught sight of me they scurried away at top speed but not before I treated them to a couple of ‘humble’ bows. The sun beat down mercilessly upon me. I could literally feel the heat. My throat was going rather dry too. A drink was called for. To the Red Lion pub, I decided. While I was there I could collect my tax from Rudolf too. Maybe I could say hi to Miyuki too. She was the barman Rudolf’s daughter and I nursed a soft spot for her in my heart and decided to marry her one day in the near future.



I made my way to the pub in silence. A light breeze was whipping across my face. A child was curiously staring at me from the window across the street .I waved back to the child. No sooner had I waved the window was rudely closed by the child’s mother. I sighed and resumed my journey. Something caught my eye as I turned at the spot. Some one was approaching the town from the eastern gates. I shielded my eyes from the sun tried to make out who he was. It was a stranger. Rarely did tourists come to this measly little town, and then who was this mysterious figure approaching on foot. As I dwelled into my thoughts the wind caught strength and a fierce gale began to blow lifting the dust with it .A sandstorm was imminent. As I dived into the pub for cover I could not help feeling somewhat sorry for the poor traveller who was caught in the storm out side.


I approached the bar and called out to the bartender, Rudolf. He returned the greeting by saying, “how are you today sir? Bad storm sir isn’t it? Only dusty winds and no rains, business is bad too.” I ordered a beer and settled down in the bar. Some of the tables were occupied A couple of guys were drinking while a couple others were playing cards and making dirty jokes, I finished my beer and ordered another. In the mean time I asked Rudolf “what happened to the tax you were about to pay me? You are already running three weeks late. Hearing about the tax Rudolf began to plead and said, “Please sir, business is not very good. Not many travellers are coming to the inn nowadays.” “Rudolf, I will let you in a on a big secret. Income tax is the hardest thing to understand. Did you know? If not then you know it now so pay me the tax right now .I wont have any more if that from you. Rather let make you an irresistible offer. The money or your daughter’s hand in marriage. What do you say to that ,old timer?”“ No, sir please for God’s sake leave my daughter out of this. She is all I have left in my miserable life. As for the money I shall pay you in a couple of days, sir .I swear.” All this nonsense was getting to my head. But before I could say something else, a sudden quiet enveloped the bar. The wind had died outside but this lull was even more frightening than the raging storm. Suddenly a shadow passed the window and began to move towards the door. Who could be roaming outside in such weather? As the door opened a cold wave swept the entire room. Maybe it was the cold wind from outside or maybe it was the sinister aura of the person outside. I was a wee bit surprised when I saw the person entering the bar was none other than the unfortunate traveller I had seen at the city gates a while ago. Surprisingly he looked quite clean and sombre to me. There wasn’t even a single speck of dust on his person. It was as if the winds were afraid to mess with his hair .I took him to be a jovial wanderer for a moment but my opinion about him changed as soon I noticed his garb. From what he was hearing there was no mistaking that he a priest or some other God man from the church or somewhere. The thing is since the day my father died that fate less day twenty years ago I had lost all my faith in almighty god. My father never hurt a soul. Let alone physically he would not even speak a rude word to someone else. He religiously went to the church everyday too. Yet he died such an untimely death and God could not do anything to protect him. From that day on I pledged not rely on some invisible possibility called God but on my own strength and skill. So in this way for me God became nonexistent and such God men, the worst perpetrators on earth.




Suddenly my feet were going all cold and numb. What the heck was happening to me? Has the winter arrived already? The traveller was making his way in between the tables to me. Just as he was about reach me he stopped and lifted his gaze to Rudolf and ordered a cigarette. After that he just moved away from the bar and quietly settled down at the table in the farthest corner of the room .I took a moment to study the priest person. He was tall and had blonde hair. One could go as far as to say that he was handsome too. He wore a monk’s plain robes and a jewelled bracelet on his left arm. He had no luggage on him. Must be poor beggar, I thought. Pathetic. All the same he had a certain aura surrounding him that seemed to have frozen and gagged all of us. Only did he when raise an arm and beckon Rudolf did we all come to our senses. Somehow I did not feel like staying in the room at all. Money and Miyuki all forgotten I turned tail and ran out. At the door I issued a halfhearted warning to Rudolf “I will be back for the money”. Though it was more out of a habit than out of my heart once outside I instantly began feeling better. However the arrival of a foreign priest in the town had dampened my mood for the day. So I decided to call it a day and returned to my modest wood cabin at the farthest end of town.


When I woke up next morning the ominous feeling from yesterday seemed to linger on. I stepped outside into a misty morning. I was feeling hungry like an animal. I decide to pay a visit to Ronny’s eating joint. His sandwiches were the best in town. Humming little tune under my breath I made my way to Ronny’s. From a distance I could say the place was unusually overflowing with people. The entrance was jam-packed with people. Still more were arriving. With much difficulty I made my way into the crowd. At the front I could see the people were all surrounding one table. The table was occupied by none other than the priest guy from yesterday. Hot anger boiled inside me. The folks were pampering him. They were offering food and drinks to him. However everyone was carefully standing at a certain distance from him. At that precise moment I felt a chill in my chest. Then I saw what was happening. The priest guy was looking right at me. It was as if he could hear what I was thinking. His face was expressionless, but I could see hatred in his cold blue eyes as he observed me for a moment before looking away again. His eyes seemed to burn a hole in my conscience. I said to myself, get a hold of yourself buddy. I needed to get away from this guy. So I made my way through the crowd. Once I noticed how the people were falling one over another to get a glimpse of the priest. Even more people were coming now as it were some sort of a festival or as some Hollywood star was distributing free autographs. Didn’t they have anything else to do? What had happened to the town? Someone had to bring them to their to senses. If no one was going to then I was. I took out my gun and fired. Bang bang………bang. I fired three shots into the air. Slowly the crowd took notice and began to disperse. This was more like it. With some satisfaction I started to move away from the scene of confusion.



As I walked on by the streets I knew that one thing was for sure this priest was getting on my nerves. Sooner or later I would have to face him one on one. This town was too small for the likes of both of us. One of us must leave. If he comes to his senses and moves out on his own it was all fine and dandy. If not, I was afraid I was going to have to make him. A reassuring feeling came to me as I felt my dear gun inside my coat pocket. I had reached my favourite spot, the tree and decided to take a nap under it to cool off my head. As I lay under the tree I observed a lot of activity amongst the townsmen. Rarely did the streets remain so full during this time of afternoon. Were they under some crackpot spell of the priest? What the heck if they were? At least they were working now and not wasting any time after him. Go on people make more money and pay me more tax. I did not remember when had I dozed off but when I woke up it was late in the evening and still the town seemed alive with action. I was too tired to deal with it right now. After all whatever could I do? I could not tell them off for working late. So I decide to retire for the day.

There was a chill in the air when I woke up the next morning. The sky was overcast and the air misty. But it was the middle of autumn. No mistaking these were the signs of an early winter. A chilling realization dawned upon me as I recollected all the unpleasant experienced of the previous winters. For me winters were like curses or something. It was this time of the year when my luck literally runs out. I’ll have to be careful from now on, I decided. As I dwelled in my own thoughts some loud noises broke my reverie. What? Such a ruckus and that too so early in the morning. I dressed and went out to check it out. I saw people standing outside surrounding the priest guy from yesterday’s fiasco and were singing something that seemed a lot like hymns or something. What was wrong with the folks, I wondered. I was fast losing my status as a celebrity in this town, all thanks to this freak. As I was thinking how to set this guy right he began to distribute clothes and other stuff amongst the folks. What the hell? This guy has got to go one way or another, I decided.

That afternoon I checked my gun and holstered it in my inside pocket. After I headed outside. Two days had passed I had not collected my tax from anyone. Well how could I with the freaky priest running around giving take away gifts to the poor townsfolk. Who would like to work too if one gets everything for free. I decided to pick off from where I had left last time, the Red Lion. Before long I was there. As I was about to enter the place I had rather ominous feeling about something. Something in the back of my head was telling me to go back. A man in my profession however cannot be overwhelmed by such minor distraction and nor was I.

The tavern presented a familiar and pleasing scene. Men were smoking and drinking. Some were playing cards. Others were just having a bite. Everything was going on fine, I thought. As my sight fell on the punter priest I felt as if I had spoken too soon. He stuck out in their midst as if a sore thumb. He was sitting at the very spot he was sitting on the unlucky day he stepped into this town. I decided to ignore him and headed straight for the bar and called out to Rudolf. Rudolf was polishing a mug. When he looked up to see me at the bar all colour left his face.
“Hey Rudolf, how’s business? How about a beer?” Slowly he handed me one. Soon the beer was finished. “Now let’s talk business pal. Where is the money you owe me?” “But I don’t have any right now, sir. I promise to settle the dues in a couple of days” Rudolf lamented. “I won’t have any of that any more. Money or your daughter. Your choice, old man. And make it quick. I have other places to visit today”. This only made him redouble his efforts in pleading and begging for time. However I could not become soft. A softie could not survive in this profession of mine. This scene continued for sometime until someone interrupted.

Suddenly an imposing voice was heard speaking quietly and clearly. “Hey bartender, quit fooling around and get me a cup of coffee. And my pack of cigarettes is also almost finished so hurry up and get another one, will you?” the priest spoke in a cold voice. Rudolf said nothing but accusingly looked at me. For the first time, since I had seen him the punk spoke to me” “Listen mister, why don’t you stop troubling others and something useful once in a while like shutting up ad getting out of here.” He said all that with a straight face without even blinking an eyelid, his voice as calm and cold as ever. Even more than his words what irritated me to the point of no return was his indifferent attitude. A dam of restraint gave away somewhere in my head and let loose a flood of fury into my throbbing temples. In a flash my gun as out and I moved towards him pointing it at his head. Sensing me approach he glanced towards me for a moment before closing his eyes and lighting a cigarette. This had done it. In a mad rage I kicked everything off his table. A few tension filled moments later he spoke again “Listen buddy boy neither do I have the time nor the interest to play with you. So if you will be quick about your business here it would be much better”. “Listen Priesty, your crackpot spells and hymns won’t save you here. You are crossing paths with me, Didas of Polton town. So either you leave or”, I raised my gun to his forehead “I make you leave”. By now any other person would have wetted his pants but not our priest friend here. Instead all he did was smiled, no no it was more like an evil smirk. “Well now as I have already said I don’t have time to play, but since you are on to it so much I will be kind enough to grant you some time for playing.” he said. Then he drew a tiny Smith and Wesson .38 six shot from inside his robes and continued, “for the record I am no priest but a mere wandering monk and the game I would like you to play with me is the Russian roulette. It’s an interesting game I picked up from a now dead friend of mine a couple of towns back. Surely coming from these parts you should know all about it. One round and all will know who is the though guy and who’s the wuss.”

This guy was mad, no this guy was supremely insane. Of course I knew all about the damned game. It was the most dangerous game of chance that messes up your lives as well as your grey stuff if you are low on luck that is. “Well my friend what do you say, you game for a round?” the monk interrupted my thoughts. “Of course” I said as a cold sweat broke at my neck. “Fine fine” he said with the air of a rather satisfied man and then continued “why don’t we make things a little more what do you say interesting. Instead of aiming at ourselves why don’t we aim at each other. Also let us bet something at each shot. On winning a round the loser must do the winner’s bidding,” he added with a smirk “that is if he is still alive”. I was still speechless and could only nod my head in agreement.


I pulled up a chair and sat down opposite to him. Suddenly the air seemed to chill around me and the inmates of the tavern gathered round to see the fun. In the mean time I was trying to calculate my chances and options. If I withdrew now, I would loose my status in the town and would never be able to live with myself again. On the other hand if I played along with this madman it could mean game over for me. Then status or not I was dead. But I had to get rid of the sucker one way or the other and this was the best way to do it without hurting the folks’ feelings and losing their trust. I trusted my stars and said, “We will play with my gun.” “All right” the monk agreed “but I will take the first shot” he finished.

Slowly I forced a hot lump down my throat and checked my gun. It was fully loaded. I know not why but instead of removing the bullets I fired them one after the other into the nearest window shattering it into a million pieces. Maybe I wanted to generate at least some fear of death that I was already experiencing, in the ever calm monk. However after the shooting I could easily make out that the exercise was in vain. Or maybe I wanted to fill the excitement of firing my gun for the final time. Whatever it was the monk was all but impressed and all he did was sigh heavily as if he was being made to wait unnecessarily. What frightened me the most was his yet carefree attitude. It was as if he already knew who was going to win and also that it was not me. I placed my gun on the table and resigned myself to my fate.

“Hey bartender where are my cigarettes. I am all out”, he shouted out to Rudolf who seemed to have forgotten all about it in all the excitement. Then to me he asked, “Well dear sir I must know my opponent’s name at least”. “Didas” was the answer “what’s yours monk?” At this he forced a rare smile on his face “well” he began “my name you ask. Monk is as good as any for even I do not know my real name”. By now Rudolf had brought him his pack of cigarettes. He nodded and accepted the packet. He lighted one and said to himself “much better now” and then without warning he picked up my gun from the table in a swift motion and examined it. He twirled the bullet compartment a couple of times and before I knew it I was looking into the barrel of my own gun.

As I stared into the depths of the barrel I had a realization. I had never experienced such fear earlier. I never expected to be at the receiving end of my own gun. Usually it was someone else at my place. I could now fully understand their fears and situation. Though I still had a chance if the bullet chamber was empty for me but the poor fellows who faced my gun otherwise usually had no chance at all facing death right at their faces. “Enjoying yourself” the monk interrupted softly and then, continued “well, cross your fingers and call upon your lord”. I could feel a drop of sweat travel down from my forehead making it’s way through my brow sliding through my stubble and pausing for a moment at my chin before deserting me for the floor. I closed my eyes and surprisingly apart from the drop of sweat all I could feel was remorse for all the people I had killed or wounded in my life.

“Crick”
After several tense moments, which seemed like infinite eternities to me, I opened my eyes to new world. The light was blinding me. As my eyes got adjusted to the glare the monk came into view. He was still drawing out the last dregs out of his cigarette stump. Disgustedly he spat it out though I was not sure if he was angry at the cigarette or my getting out of the round alive. Turning his cold expressionless face to me he said, “Awake already. Well then it’s your turn now. If want to demand for something from me, do it now.” I was briefly caught up in my thoughts. As my thoughts cleared I spat out without any more delay “get out, get out of this town now.” The monk forced down a ghost of a smile, which tried to emerge at the corner of his mouth. He refused flatly as I had feared earlier “Not yet tiger. I will however go away if you win your next round. Right now the game has only begun and the stakes are not that high yet. Ask for something less valuable than that.” For the second time I was stumped. What else could I ask for? Money was my first option. No, my life was worth much more than a poor monk’s money. What else… “Give me your arm bracelet”. For a second there I thought the monk was going to refuse in the name of religion or something. But I was proved wrong soon enough. “What you want this thing? Fine.” Saying thus he threw it towards me. It slid across the table and came to a halt after hitting my gun, which lay innocently on the table.

I raised my hand to pick up my life’s worth of jewels. Midway through the air I changed my decision and picked up my gun instead. The jewels could wait I reckoned. I cradled the gun in my hands for a few tense seconds and then said to the monk with a fraction of my erstwhile confidence “get ready monk” as I raised the gun and aimed at his forehead “to meet your maker”. The monk only gave me a fleeting glance and went on pull out another cigarette from the pack on the table. Sensing my impatience at his indifference he said, “Spare me the genial attitude will you, and make it quick”.

Having had his say he closed his eyes and tilted to a more comfortable position on his chair. Lifting his head heavenwards he took a long drag at his cigarette and began to blow smoke rings. Watching all this in silence I was confused if he was ridiculing me or if he was immortal or something. He was acting as if I was not going to shoot him rather that I was going to pay for his hotel tab. As if reading my mind he spoke “You’d better get me the first time cause if you don’t you are going to have to pay for my lodging here inclusive of my restaurant bill.” It was unnerving as when I had face the gun earlier. I tried not to give his comment much thought rather willed all my might for the bullet to be there now. I took careful aim so as not to miss him and fired.

“Crick” was all my gun said.

The monk swung into action at once. Spitting out his burning smoke he titled forward and looked me in the eyes “Hey big boy guess what? I did not run out of luck after all. Maybe your God isn’t so pleased with you, is He? ” “After all He let me live to make your life a living hell,” he added in an undertone. Then again he continued in a loud voice “oh yes I almost forgot. Rudolf be sure to collect my entire due from this so very kind gentleman here” he said indicating me. “And yes add ten more cigarette packets to the bill will you?”



His eyes were filled with an obvious malicious intent and a rare ghostly smile dangled at his lips as he whispered to me “you’d better settle all your debts right now. After all you wouldn’t want to carry the burden of debt to your grave. Would you?” After that I was completely sure that this godforsaken monk was toying with me on purpose. I said to Rudolf that his taxes had been waived for the time being. His face brightened up a bit. As soon as I had settled my bill or rather his bill the monk jumped on the game again “ shall we get on with our game then? How lucky are you feeling today?”


The next moment I was staring back at barrel of my gun again. Even though I did not go to high school I could still say that the chances of my finding the bullet at the third round were up double than the previous time I faced this ordeal. Seeing obvious tension on my face the monk parted with a rather tortuous comment of his “enjoy the last few moments of your life my friend for as soon I finish this cigarette you are done for.” I searched for the cigarette in question and found it dangling rudely at the corner of his mouth. Judging its length I guessed I had about a couple of minutes maybe less before my potential death. I shifted my focus back to the unending depths of the unrelenting gun barrel. I was reliving my entire life in a flashback. Visions of my dying father, my ill mother, and faces of all the people I had killed and hurt in my miserable little life were swimming in my mind. Somehow I could not remain calm as the monk was during his turn and I envied him for that. Why was it that the monk was under God’s grace because of which he could control his fears and face them like a soldier, had my headstrongness made me a coward over the years. The monk drew the last dreg out of his cigarette and spat it out. In that last moment I did something I had not done in two decades and had never thought I would ever do it in my life again.

I prayed. I prayed to God.

I prayed hard like I had never prayed before and I must say I felt better afterwards. I felt such happiness and bliss that I had certainly not felt before. The feeling of elation was so overwhelming that for a moment I even forgot there was a satanic monk sitting opposite to me hell bent upon ending my life. In the outside world of open eyes I did not know what was going on but when I opened my eyes a minute later I found a visibly upset and grumbling monk cursing loudly. My gun lay faithfully on the table. Now I had a few questions to be immediately answered. The first and foremost of them being HAD I WON? Had I won the second time? Come on some one tell me, anyone. I looked up to Rudolf for some answers and his smile did not disappoint. Rudolf said quietly “congratulations sir on your well deserved victory.” His words were no less than an angel’s voice to me.

On a high after my second win I stretched my hand towards the gun to conclude the one unfinished job at hand. To get rid of the monk. For the second time that day midair I was torn apart by indecision. I realized that I already had a way of sending the monk away. Just by asking him that is. But the more sinister part was telling me to have another go at the monk. It was telling me would not it be more fun to send the monk who turned my entire well settled life upside down in a couple of days to hell. As I began to consider this possibility an unheard of angelic voice spoke in my mind. It said, “Baldis, pause before go further and think about your actions and the consequences they may have. God has been kind enough to grant a life to you but He may not be as compassionate if He finds out about your still evil heart. Spare the monk and may the Lord forgive yours sins for forgiveness is the supreme act of good. Consider the situation and act sensibly for it is your final chance.” Now that the ball was in my court I began to weigh my chances. I needed to get rid of the monk at any cost. The real question was should I try again to get him with the gun or should I meekly ask him to leave as my demand on winning this round. If I win it would be all fine and dandy but if he won no doubt he would surely have another go at me. Will the luck Gods still bestow upon me their blessings? Certainly not. Given my past records and the sinister reasons for which I want the luck it would be rather safe to say that I had already got more luck today than I even deserved. Although all this drama took no more than a few moments to occur in my head the monk omniscient as ever read it off my face in a matter of seconds. The monk said to me with a wicked smile spread wide on his handsome visage “care to try me again?” It was as if he was jeering at me. White hot anger boiled inside me. Just as I was about to pick up the gun the angelic voice in my head issued a final warning “don’t fall for the Devil’s trap, Baldis”.

Anyway I picked up the gun and raised it to my chest for inspection. The wicked smile spread wider on the monk’s face. I said to the monk “you have soiled my gun monk”. After that I wiped my gun and stowed in my holster. The smile on his face was soon replaced by a disappointed frown. I continued, “One more thing, could you kindly get out of my life and this town as of right now”. The monk lost all emotions and expressions from his face returned to his unmoving and cold old self again. He said to Rudolf “Get my stuff, will you?” Rudolf brought a dozen packs of cigarettes, which the monk stuffed into his robes. As he rose to leave he threw me a disgusted look and his Smith and Wesson “keep it as a consolation prize, buddy boy.” At the pub doors he turned once more and said, “Now, behave all of you or I will be back before long to carry on with my game where I left off.” then to me he bid a final goodbye “see you later, alligator”. Out of courtesy or relief, I don’t know maybe both I wished him back “in a while, crocodile”. Without speaking another word or even looking back again he disappeared into the dying sun resuming his journey to the west.

I was reborn twice today. In this way I washed away all my past sins and was not only a new man but had a new life too. God had been kind enough to give me a fresh start in life so I must not ruin it, I said to myself. I took out my gun again. The evening sun shone on it. The gun had been my companion for more than half of my life now. I felt like it was trying to tell me something. But what I could not figure it out. Anyway I opened it to reload bullets. To my astonishment I found the only bullet lodged in it lodged in the last fired chamber. I tried to recollect what had happened during my second round. But my mind was complete blank. I could only remember myself praying to the lord at that moment. The monk was nowhere in sight and I further doubted if I would ever see him again. However I decided to return God’s favour for saving my life.

As I returned to my table again, I overheard a couple of guys speaking to Rudolf “do you think he was really a God’s man?” I did not know about God but one thing I knew for sure. The monk was the Devil himself in flesh and blood. He was El Diablo.




Epilogue




The summer was almost gone and autumn was knocking at the doors. Winters were the worst part of the year, at least for me they were. For as long as I can remember winter has always been bad news for me. It all began when my poor father died caught in police shootout twenty years ago. Ever since that day I had lost all faith God until I met a monk recently who helped me cleanse my sins though not in the most conventional of means. What do I do? Funny you should ask. I do a fairly important job of keeping the residents of this place in line. To tell the truth I do a fairly good job at it too. No, you fools I am not mayor nor am I the sheriff though I get to meet them once in awhile when I go about my job. For all you dimwit city dwellers who are still not able to guess my job let me put in simple words for you. I sweep the church grounds on Sundays.


Well now friends. That is that. so if will all please favour me with a couple of your comments. i would be the happiest guy. and it would be so good if someone added a autoedit feature in this place for my horrible typing.good bye.

COMING UP SOMETIME LATER THOUGH
>SNIPER'S POKER(NOT SO ORIGINAL)
>THE SUBWAY (SOMEWHAT DERIVED INSPIRATION)

3 comments:

soledad said...

hey,it ran over my mind and around my perimeter but never got into me.perhaps u r tlking abt some novel or say game...cudnt quite decipher out...

Unknown said...

a nice one maku chan.. endin' was quite sugary, but interestin' story nonetheless.. ch.. good..

rEbEl said...

u remind me of....